Thursday 12 February 2009

Setting goals to help achieve success

Since my last posting, I am pleased to report that I have made some progress towards improving my BMI! This in itself, is significant as the difficulty I have had with exercise in the past is keeping the momentum going. Now that I have set myself goals to reach, I am actually making headway.

Snacking between meals has been my biggest downfall, I don’t eat breakfast (which I know is one of the most important meals of the day), I sometimes eat a lunch late, or miss that too and then by the time I get home, I am really hungry. I then snack until my evening meal and by the time I have eaten, I've made up for lost ground! It’s hard to break out of this habit but with my new goals to reach (and willpower!), I am trying to alter this.

From an exercise perspective, I have implemented small but significant changes. I use the stairs not the lift, I walk to the train station and have recently purchased a hybrid bike. If I am to achieve my goal of entering at least 4 challenges within the Wessex Heartbeat calendar, I must be fit enough to complete them!

The really positive aspect of the Healthy Heart initiative is that I am changing my lifestyle for the better. If you would to request a visit from the Wessex Heartbeat team or for more information, please contact either myself or Melody Carter on 023 8079 5907 or email melody@heartbeat.org.uk.

No comments: