Friday 13 March 2009

Three challenges one goal

I’m not known as the most sporty of fellows. I would rather be sitting back admiring the view with a glass of something in my hand. However, I’m also keen to encourage others to care for their hearts and live a full and healthy life. Leading from the front, no that’s not right, I’ll probably be at the back of the pack. So, leading by example I’m undertaking three of Wessex Heartbeat’s challenges this year. Kicking off with a 37 mile (60k) walk on the South Downs on May 9th closely followed on the 23rd with a 22 mile (35k) bike ride as part of the Wessex Cycle Festival. I’m then going to bring my peak physical fitness to bear on the 9th September for the Wight Challenge. I’ll be cycling 20 miles, canoeing 3 miles and then running 8 miles.
As long as you have not hurt yourself laughing at the thought of me doing all of this exercise, please ensure that I have to complete this by sponsoring me. Just click on the widget on the right of this blog. Of course you could join me by clicking on the links in this post.

No comments: