Saturday 16 May 2009

One small step

I’ve taken the first step towards completing 1 of the 4 challenges that I set myself in support of all those people affected by heart conditions; well, actually 14,500 steps to be exact! The ‘Just Walk’ Challenge involved walking 60km through West Sussex and along the South Downs. The walk went really well, the weather was perfect and the scenery superb. It took me twelve and a half hours actually walking with an hours’ worth of rest stops. The last 4K was uphill, in the wood, in the dark and on flint!!

It was a little bit of a wake-up call as I had not done any training. I’m nursing two blisters but other than that have come off well. However, my next challenge, the ‘Wessex Cycle Challenge’ on Saturday 23rd May is only a week away and the route is 35k........ (I had better get my bike out this week!) http://www.heartbeat.co.uk/wessex-cycle-festival

The Wight Challenge on Saturday 19th September requires some serious training, this Challenge consists of a 20 mile cross country cycle, followed by a 3 mile canoe, topped off with a 8 mile run! http://www.heartbeat.co.uk/wight-challenge

If you would like to sponsor me or would like to take part in any of the Challenges, please click on the widget on the right of this blog to donate or to take part, please click on the links in this post.

No comments: