Friday 2 April 2010

Easter Message

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.’ John 10 verse 10

Spring time is my favourite time of the year! Having just endured one of the coldest winters in the UK for over 30 years, the blue skies and the spring sunshine are such a welcome sight, well they would have been if they had stayed! Our garden, like many, throughout winter looked so dark, dull and lifeless. But now with the onset of spring, it is exploding into new life with a beautiful array of colourful plants and fragrant flowers. Although I found myself mowing the lawn in the rain this morning!

At Easter we celebrate the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ! God’s Son could not be contained in a cold dark tomb. Jesus rose again on the third day, conquering sin, Satan and death once and for all (as he promised he would), making it possible for you and me to celebrate the truth and power of Easter every day and to have the assurance of eternal life.

We live and die; Christ died and lived!’ I can't remember which Theologian said this but it sums it up perfectly,

No comments: