Monday 24 May 2010

Marketing Mentor

A colleague has asked me to pose a question to businesses large and small.....

Do you know what role a mentor fulfils? Specifically would you consider using a marketing mentor to improve your organisational and personal business performance? Perhaps an expert who would come in each month to work with the MD/Chief Exec to progress strategic plans or perhaps work with an inexperienced marketing team to get them working more effectively?

Would their membership of the Chartered Institute of Marketing be important to you? Do you understand what membership means?

Any thoughts would be welcome including the price you would pay for such a service?

1 comment:

Louise Ballard said...

I would have loved to have had a mentor when I was running my business. Personally, I would have liked a more 'general' mentor as opposed to a marketing specific one (if that makes sense!). Didn't really have a problem with marketing but would have loved guidance and support in terms of day to day running / developing the business in general.

If I were looking for a marketing mentor, the membership would not be critical but would be encouraging.

Not sure on price. I think that is down to perception of value for money. What am I getting for my money and will the money I spend make me more money in the long term?