Monday 28 June 2010

The End of the Walk - Where Next?

I have completed my walk along the South Downs Way and really enjoyed all of the 200,550 steps. With the tops and tails of each day I actually covered 120 miles. The last day took me over the Seven Sisters, I’m sure there where eight, no sooner had you climbed to the top of one than you had a steep decent to the base of the next one. Although it was blisteringly hot the view was fantastic and it made for a spectacular finish to the walk. Domino did really well with her thick black coat and very little shade.

Once we climbed down into Eastbourne we had to walk another mile and a half to the party and certificate ceremony. It was lovely sitting down in the cool with a shandy and a few doggy biscuits.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported my walk. If you'd like to contribute please visit my Just Giving link or click on the blue wigget.

No comments: