Sunday 8 June 2008

Opening the challenge

I've been the CEO of Wessex Heartbeat since the beginning of January and have gone through an interesting learning curve. One area that I am keen to see the charity grow is in our support of the community. With this in mind we have launched a project called "Your Healthy Heart". We are offering an advisory consultation with a Cardiac Sister in the hope that we help people identify early how their life style choices are affecting their long term health.
As this is quite a challenge I thought I should be the first to step up to it. So what is my blood pressure, cholesterol, body mass index and what should they be? Well I know I weight 14stone 10.5lbs! Oh dear that sounds rather heavy. I'm off for a chat with the Sister and will let you know how it goes and what, if anything, I need to do about it.

2 comments:

RichardW said...

Thankyou D'Arcy I think I need help from my children too but have started with this http://rpmprintanddesign.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi D'Arcy, well, I may have to join you to see the Sister. I am not overweight, and my BMI is under 25, but now sure how my stressful life, past & present, not to mention poor diet & alchol consumption is of detrioment to me ..... next time I am in Southampton I may have to make an appointment!